Lincoln Financial Group
This position, Manager, Securities Accounting will be responsible for the proper accounting & reporting of approximately $100B of fixed income general account invested assets. The team works closely with the Securities Data Research team to ensure securities are set up and accounted for properly and get reported correctly for GAAP, STAT, and Tax purposes.
- Identifies investment accounting trends, issues and/or concerns and develops and recommends mitigation plans to management.
- Manages the relationships with internal and external IT partners to ensure operating systems perform at optimal levels.
- Manages and monitors working relationships with investment portfolio managers to ensure all investment related data is reflected accurately in downstream reports.
- Manages a team that accounts for, analyzes, reconciles & reviews more complex investment accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Develops and oversees more complex control processes to ensure effective procedures are in place to support internal controls, SOX and accepted accounting policies and principles
- Completes quality assurance checks/audits on investment accounting transactions for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Manages and monitors working relationships with third-party vendors and managed service providers
- Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend process improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure workloads are appropriately balanced among team members.
- Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
Qualification & Experience:
- CPA / CFA Preferred but not required.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor’s) (Minimum Required)
- 5+ Years of experience in accounting, securities or financial reporting that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 2+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience
Company: Lincoln Financial Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Wayne, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A