Through the leadership of a group of technology professionals within functionally-aligned agile teams, the Manager, Application Development maintains an information technology environment that consistently supports JOANN business processes at an appropriate cost. This person needs to provide active coaching to advance individual, team skills and career goals. This individual is responsible for the quality of the product, from architecture to end-user experience. They engage in functional reviews to ensure team members are contributing designs that meet the short and long-term goals of the program, and are the key influencer in the technology choices for the program. They need to listen and support teams for problem identification, root cause analysis, and decision-making. They are tasked with developing their team and maintaining a healthy and positive environment, addressing issues with the team; making personnel choices and providing input, guidance, and corrective actions. Confers with and advises subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, and methods. Reviews and evaluates work and prepares performance reports. This manager creates and fosters professional, productive relationships with fellow IT managers, staff, internal business partners, executives and third-party vendors.
- Oversight – Provides oversight and consultation including active issue management and resolution. Ensures technical solutions are consistent with company standards. Supports in the development and implementation of the overall strategic vision and integration of broad range ideas.
- Personnel Management – Supervises direct reports and works with the product management leaders to ensures work deliverables are accomplished. Provides mentoring, training, and actively assesses/evaluates on-going performance. Engages in continuous coaching and performance management. In addition to project deployment, responsibilities include career development, performance management, and pay determination and communication.
- Other Responsibilities – Contributes to vision and leadership regarding technical progress and direction in the IT department. Works to improve systems and processes to enforce simplicity, stability and efficiency. Supports technical standards and processes, including management principles, service methodologies and compliance standards.
- Resource Management – Assist in the forecasts of resources and capacity needs though the support of the agile groups. Helps in identifying deviations in the product groups and appropriate remediation steps. Understands and communicates changes and impacts.
- Planning – Responsible for annual budgetary planning for administrative cost centers. Assists in the development and implementation of business analysis, systems analysis, applications development, and quality assurance and testing policies, standards, procedures and methodologies.
- Minimum: 4 Year Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business or related field.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in computer science or related advanced degree.
Qualification & Experience:
- Preferred: 10+ years of technology experience, retail management experience; Supervisory experience.
- Required: Manager with 5+ years’ in relevant field; technology experience including large-scale implementations, application and service management.
- SAP, Finance and Accounting, Human Capital Management, WorkDay, HANA and related reporting tools.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cleveland/Akron, Ohio Area
Application Deadline: N/A