The Loss Prevention Investigator will be responsible for supporting all loss prevention, safety and security initiatives designed to safeguard company assets which include the property, building, fixtures, equipment, merchandise, supplies, money and most importantly, our employees. This position will include working various shifts and schedules and will be discussed further during the manager interview.
- Perform warehouse walks of the interior and exterior, thoroughly examining doors, windows, gates and lighting to ensure proper function and physical security standards are met
- Prepare thorough and accurate documentation to support determinate action
- Reduce and control pilferage through training, education, audits and surveillance activities
- Monitor ID badges for entry/exit to the building for all employees, visitors, vendors, temporary employees, contractors, truck drivers, etc.
- Educate employees and managers on shrinkage indicators through shrinkage awareness meetings and successful and timely completion of assigned online LP training programs
- Prove a strong bottom-line orientation through ability to identify and evaluate potential loss situations and resolve cases in a timely manner
- Greet and interact with building personnel in a professional and pleasant demeanor and respond with a sense of urgency to incidents relating to loss prevention, safety and security
- Initiate and conduct investigation of shrinkage and follow through on resolutions
- Flexibility in scheduling to support team objectives, investigations and workload
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and develop relationships with various business partners remotely and in person
- A calm head when dealing with safety issues; able to effectively respond and resolve safety issues
Qualification & Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience in loss prevention or investigations
- No immediate family members or significant others currently working in the Distribution Center.
- Accountability, initiative and a high level of ownership
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Upper Marlboro, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A