Website Neiman Marcus
A Loss Prevention Associate is responsible for proactive prevention of shortages caused by internal theft, external theft, fraud, and paperwork errors.
- Provides clients advice and knowledge that they may not have realized they needed
- Makes every client interaction a personal and seamless experience
- Exhibits behaviors that support client satisfaction goal (KPI)
- Greets and welcomes clients throughout all areas of the store
- Connects with clients in a friendly and meaningful way
- Takes an omnitude approach to identify and recommend merchandise across all channels
- Utilizes selling tools and store technology to sell across all channels effectively
- Promotes benefits of the InCircle program and opens new accounts
- Achieves personal sales and out of home base selling goals (KPI)
- Educates self and client on merchandise, events, promotions, policy and services
- Demonstrates expert styling and brand knowledge
- Recommends merchandise based on expert product knowledge and client preferences, regardless of department or channel
- Graciously takes returns and offers options based on client’s needs
Qualification & Experience:
- Functional/Technical Skills
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Investigators must possess strong leadership and organizational skills, as well as effective verbal and written communication skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Learning
- Conflict Management
Company: Neiman Marcus
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A