View All Lloyds JobsLloyds
Schroders Personal Wealth combines Lloyds Banking Group’s significant customer base, multi-channel distribution and digital capabilities with Schroders’ investment and wealth management expertise and technology capabilities.Our focus is on the personal relationship we develop with our customers, underpinned by our multi-channel customer reach and our global investment expertise. Our aim is to become a top UK financial planning business within five years.Would you like to be part of making this possible?Following the launch of the new business, the Regional Business Development Manager will have full responsibility for Business Development in the region covering Bristol and the Severn Side region which includes Somerset, Gloucestershire, parts of Wiltshire.As a key member of the senior regional team, the Business Development Manager will support the region by analysing, investigating and evaluating business development opportunities making recommendation to the Regional Director & securing new relationships in order to meet the regional business plan.
- To take an active part in the Business Development forum helping to share and learn from best practice and cross SPW collaboration.
- Non-product propositional development to unlock opportunities to develop the business.
- Have a detailed understanding of SPW client proposition and competitor positioning
- To identify potential prospects within the region with the aim of building lasting relationships
- Design and implementation of enabling activity to support regional growth aspirations.
- To lead business development in the region having agreed the regional business development plan with the RD
- As part of overall business development plan, agree regional event plan in consultation with the Client Directors, host and/or attend client and prospect events
- Working with business (both LBG Commercial and NON LBG commercial relationships) to provide employee benefit solutions
- Actively representing the business with third parties and target audiences in line with business need.
- Optimisation of the partnership between LBG and SPW in the region, ensuring opportunities and synergies between businesses are fully exploited.
- Have a detailed understanding of the local/regional business community and marketplace
- Networking to prospect for new clients
- Working closely with the Regional Director to support the attraction of new advisers through direct to advisor / firm recruitment activity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The position plays a highly collaborative role, interacting with colleagues and prospects across the region and the business,
- which will demand clear and effective communication skills in order to facilitate successful relationships.
- An enterprising & entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to coach and inspire local colleagues to adopt a similar approach.
- Approximately 5+ years of experience, preferably in financial services or business consulting
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships, influence and command the respect of individuals from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Bachelor Degree or completed studies in either Sales / Marketing / Finance / Business desirable
- Outstanding levels of dedication and work ethic; happy to get stuck into the ‘doing’ while maintaining a broad view of affairs across the business
- The successful candidate will be open and welcoming to change, be a creative and strategic thinker, have exceptional problem solving skills, and have an ability to stay focused in times of uncertainty.
- Level 4 Financial Planning Qualification, desirable but not essential
- Breadth of knowledge across the Wealth Planning Marketplace and Schroders Personal Wealth target customer segments.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Good negotiation skills with an ability to “cold call.”
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com