View All Lloyds JobsLloyds
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a lawyer to join the Group Operations & Commercial Legal team within Group Legal to support large scale and complex commercial contracts.
- You’ll be required to negotiate, draft and advise on a variety of key Group-wide supplier contracts for both IT (including SaaS and Cloud arrangements) and other services, such as business process outsources.
- There will also be opportunity to support transitional services agreements (in the context of business acquisitions or disposals and intra-group service arrangements. Additionally the role will provide support to stakeholders to help resolve performance or other contractual issues arising from ongoing supplier arrangements.
- With increased regulatory focus on operational resilience and oversight of banks’ supply chains, alongside customer facing business areas, this role will involve working closely with Group Sourcing, the Chief Resilience and Security Office and the Chief Operating Office Business Risk, and
- Chief Information Office to ensure we achieve robust terms with third party suppliers.
- You’ll be responsible for identifying key legal risks, advising on their implications for the Group and supporting the business by providing pragmatic, solution focused advice. You’ll also support the team’s initiative to provide training to the Sourcing team and group wide stakeholders on relevant legal topics and be responsible for the effective selection and management of external counsel.
- The team’s purpose is to deliver strategic legal advice which is central to the operations of the Group.
- You’ll have the opportunity to join a collaborative team to support a wide range of stakeholders across the business to implement some of the
- Group’s most strategic and exciting projects. These will include delivering: transactions with fintech to increase the digital capability of the
- Group, cyber security projects, critical outsourcing arrangements and major regulatory programmes.
- Excellent influencing skills and a pro-active approach are essential as you’ll be required to interact with executives and build your internal network with senior stakeholders.
- Strong commercial awareness and judgement would also be a useful advantage in this role.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A