The Grade EU Engineer aims to deliver the highest quality customer driven software whilst continually challenging, motivating, mentoring and supporting their engineering teams. They will work in cross-disciplinary teams delivering exciting customer driven solutions and high quality software and showcase excellent interpersonal and communication skill whilst efficiently working across the project life cycle to ensure software operates as intended. This is a leadership level role and will blend both deep domain and technical expertise within a feature team and great passion for coaching and developing people in a “player-coach” model.
- Optimising and refactoring code structures
- Supporting the Release and Incidents team to quickly find and fix any issues with the production Apps
- Validating requirements and system design,
- Interacting with business analysts, quality engineers and UX/UI designers
- Mentoring less experienced developers/engineers
- Always keeping one eye on the latest Android technologies and share the knowledge within the organisation
- Executing code reviews
- Strong understanding of Android application architecture patterns, threading and how to write robust apps
- Are excited by the changing Android landscape, and care deeply about learning new technologies and patterns
- Have a sound understanding and practical experience of engineering fundamentals of mobile development such as performance, APIs, troubleshooting, latency, etc.
- Comfortable working with both Kotlin and Java Android codebases
- Have mentored or keen to, mentor/develop junior (or less experienced) Engineers
- Know how the software development lifecycle works, and have good knowledge of source control, automated testing, and writing high-quality software
- Are confident working with the Git version control systems.
- Have hands-on experience of continuous delivery.
- Enjoy collaborative working as part of a cross-functional team, are familiar with agile principals, and are passionate about sharing knowledge internally
- Have solid understanding of designing a mobile experience for variable screen sizes
- Want to work on applications that have millions of active users, and regularly deliver new features into their hands
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in Functional Reactive Programming using RxJava, RxKotlin or other FRP frameworks and dependency injection using Dagger2 or other DI frameworks
- Are experienced in code reviewing
- Have significant experience building and maintaining commercial Android applications
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org