The Lead Sales Associate is responsible for supporting the management team by demonstrating selling behaviors and ﬂoor and/or cash wrap leadership, promoting a positive work environment and executing operational processes and objectives in compliance with company standards and policies. Their primary role is to support the Sales Floor in the role of the MOD or as a leader at the cash wrap. The Sales Lead position is considered a key holder role.
- Ensures areas are clean and well-stocked at all times.
- Audits active holds and ensures that they are maintained to company standard. This includes auditing location information and updating as necessary.
- Assigns primary and secondary roles for associates during high and low traffic to ensure efficiency
- Partners with Manager on Duty (MOD) to accommodate cashier breaks
- Performs all other Sales Associate duties within the store
- Actively participates in daily team Huddles and ongoing training
- Maintains a clean and organized store. This includes, but is not limited to, picking up trash in the aisles, returning shoes back where they belong according to DSW standards, cleaning the associate break room and restrooms, vacuuming the store, cleaning mirrors, cleaning the front walkway/stoop of the store, and any other housekeeping items deemed necessary.
- Other Duties – Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager or other supervisors.
- Regular, in-person attendance
- Assists store management in all sales floor and cash wrap operations. They act as a leader by ensuring that associates maintain an organized area and provide excellent customer service. They are responsible for monitoring for adherence to all applicable policies.
- Leads others to ensure customers experience service that is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and efficient, through modeling the applicable selling and customer service behaviors.
- Creates a culture of promoting DSW loyalty program amongst associates, and customers. Ensures all associates are providing the benefits of the DSW loyalty program to every customer.
- Handles complex customer service situations with a sense of urgency and escalates service issues when appropriate.
- Supports sales floor and/or cashier training
- Serves as sales floor MOD in the absence of store management.
- Accountable for cash office operations including, but not limited to, opening and closing all registers, maintaining accurate count of cash, ordering change, preparing deposits, performing approved key turns and auditing all register paperwork.
- Demonstrate an elevated degree of professionalism
- Excels in all essential sales associate skills and responsibilities
- Proficient in use of technology to include mobile point of sale, computer, register
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Completion of all required Shoe Lover Training and Module 1 of MOD Training
- Excellent organization and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to train and motivate others
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in high-volume retail environment preferred
- Minimum H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 2+ years’ sales/ customer service experience with a retailer that offers BOPIS (Buy online Pick up in Store or Ship from Store) and Customer Loyalty program
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Framingham, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A