As the Lead Cyber Security Analyst, you will own responses to security incidents across the enterprise, using department policies, guidelines, and industry standards to remediate cases and restore normal business operations. Balancing business priorities, emerging threats, and standard methodologies to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the Company’s information assets, you will actively identify risks and craft actionable strategies to safeguard against future incidents
You will play a meaningful role in maintaining the controls that enable our organization to operate efficiently, cost effectively and within compliance standards. You will also be charged with assisting others in interpreting, understanding, and applying information security policies and standards to mitigate information security risks. In this role, you will work closely with other members of the Information Security and Compliance organization in a coordinated and focused manner.
- Improve Hilton’s full life-cycle information security incident response program, from pre-incident preparation to final incident report.
- Provide mentorship and technical leadership to our Information Technology teams by referencing and implementing standard methodologies and approaches.
- Ensure timely response and resolution to anomalous behaviors in a matrixed and outsourced environment.
- Collaborate with business partners, key personnel and internal groups to formulate technical response strategies to address information security incidents.
- Provide technical expertise for the detection and remediation of security incidents enterprise-wide.
- Perform root cause analyses of incidents.
- Assist in identifying and removing new malware variants as needed; sending samples to the anti-virus companies.
- Correlate multiple data sources, fact gathering and analysis, determining the best remediation strategy, and implementing solutions until the incident is contained and resolved.
- Update incident history real time and writing final incident reports.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing as well as interact and work with others in a collaborative fashion
- Ability to understand regulations and laws related to control requirements
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision as well as the ability to work successfully in a multi-functional team in a complex matrix environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of management across the enterprise
- Works with audit teams to facilitate cross organizational auditing
- Able to judge boundaries, provide factual objective opinions, rationalize, etc.
- Ability to work in an environment with multiple opinions/view and remain objective. Many times, you will be in the negotiator role.
- Knowledge of current technology and the ability to become familiar with new technologies
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree OR Associate’s Degree plus six (6) years of Technology related experience
- Nine (9) years Professional Technology or relevant experience
- Experience with web application firewalls, firewalls, IPS, network topologies and protocols, web content filtering/proxies, load balancers, UNIX/LINUX, identity management, access management, Active Directory, DNS, password management, DLP, logging, SIEM, and security event correlation and analytics
- Knowledge of hotel-based IT systems and applications
- Advanced certifications, including CISSP, CISM, CEH, CWSP and GCWN
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: McLean, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A