Website BNSF Railway
- The Summer Internship Program provides interns an opportunity to learn more about how our efficient, safe and “green” rail network supports the global supply chain. Interns participate in group events and projects, experiencing first-hand what it is like to be a full-time BNSF employee. Operating one of the largest railroads in North America, we have countless opportunities for interns to develop their skills, create new ideas and even travel!
- The program begins with an extensive corporate orientation in Fort Worth, Texas. During the training period, interns receive a company overview and interact with company leaders. Following orientation, interns receive on-the-job training according to their assigned group.
- Relocation assistance may be provided to interns who are moving more than 50 driving miles from their permanent residence.
- The successful candidate will assist BNSF in-house attorneys in providing legal support to BNSF business clients on a broad array of legal issues impacting the company’s day-to-day business, including labor and employment, transactional matters, corporate governance and securities, real estate, and environmental, administrative law, antitrust, and commercial and personal injury litigation matters.
- Under direction of BNSF in-house attorneys, the successful candidate will conduct legal research and analysis; prepare research memoranda; and draft legal documents, including court pleadings and discovery responses.
- The successful candidate may also be requested to assist in discovery matters in coordination with staff paralegals and attorneys; participate in business meetings and teleconferences on a limited basis; assist in discovery matters in coordination with staff paralegals and attorneys; perform limited contract review and drafting; and review and analyze draft legislation under attorney supervision. This is not an exhaustive list.
- Must be high performing and have the ability to simultaneously handle multiple complex and challenging assignments with extremely short turnaround deadlines
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Please attach a legal writing sample to your application & if you are invited to an in person interview, please bring it to the event as well.
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future.
- Ability to relocate to Fort Worth, for the summer.
- Must have excellent legal research, communication and writing skills, including knowledge of
- LexisNexis research systems and other web-based legal research tools.
- Must be a first or second-year law student in good standing at an accredited U.S. law school and must rank in upper 50% of class
- A basic understanding of and ability to use Microsoft Office suite
Qualification & Experience:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 for engineering majors OR cumulative GPA of 3.0 for non-engineering majors.
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or graduate degree program at an accredited university at the time of application and throughout the duration of the internship.
- Less than three (3) years of work experience in a professional work environment. When calculating work experience, EXCLUDE internships or positions held while in high school or college.
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A