Website Northside Hospital
Northside Hospital is award-winning, state-of-the-art and continually growing. Constantly expanding the quality and reach of our care to our patients and communities creates even more opportunity for the best healthcare professionals in Atlanta and beyond. Discover all the possibilities of a career at Northside today.
The Lab Technical Assistant will be responsible for handling laboratory data collection systems and equipment to ensure that requests for laboratory tests are properly ordered, cancelled, and charged to all inpatients, outpatients, and institutional accounts. Performs specimen collection procedures for inpatients and outpatients. Performs non-technical specimen processing, preparation and distribution of specimens from patients.
- Must have sufficient feeling in fingers and visual ability to locate patients’ blood vessels.
- Ability to communicate effectively, and must possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to understand and apply accurate procedures in specimen handling and clerical processing.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- High school diploma or equivalent, PLUS; Six months clinical training in an approved phlebotomy training program OR two (2) years experience in specimen collections, specimen processing and specimen requisitioning for a clinical laboratory or health care delivery system OR hold at least a two (2) year degree in chemical, physical, or biological science or a health related specialty.
Company: Northside Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canton, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A