Website University of California San Diego
The UCSD Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine (CMM) is one of two basic science units in the School of Medicine where worldclass researchers study fundamental cellular processes and pathways using a variety of techniques from classical genetics and fluorescence microscopy to highthroughput genomics, systems biology, and crystallography.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Histology to examine stained tissue slides.
- Knowledge of microscopy work including Nanozoomer Slide Scanner training.
- Knowledge of animal room work including tissue extraction, surgery, and injections.
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience with routine PCR genotyping procedure and qRT-PCR.
- Understanding of UC ordering procedures.
- Knowledge or experience with preparing primary cultures and maintaining cell lines. Knowledge of basic laboratory procedures and equipment, including preparation of buffers.
- Proficient computer skills (including MS Office programs), with experience updating databases by manipulating .xls or doc files.
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and superior. Skill in asking questions and advising of problems, via effective use of email, public/shared Google docs, and/or meeting schedules.
- Proven experience with FACS (fluorescence-activated cell sorting) procedures and equipment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduation from a 4-year college or university.
- Must be willing to work with hazardous materials.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, if necessary.
Company: University of California San Diego
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: La Jolla, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A