As a Cybersecurity Assurance Engineer, you will perform high-value Cybersecurity Engineering; performing cybersecurity practices that assure JPL mission systems, functions, and data are sufficiently protected from cyber-attacks. You will provide missions with an in-depth view of their cybersecurity risk profile, with the goal of reducing cybersecurity risk throughout the mission life cycle. You will assess and lead efforts to improve mission cybersecurity infrastructure: the plans, processes, systems, and tools that support existing cybersecurity controls and enable new ones. You will seek out new tools and techniques that improve the performance of cybersecurity functions, reduce their impact on missions, and enable better cyber risk identification, analysis, and management throughout the mission life cycle. You will help strengthen cybersecurity practice at JPL and engage in collaborations with the cyber security research community, which includes other government agencies, academia and industry.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Typically requires Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Aerospace Engineering or similar technical discipline with a minimum of 9 years of related experience, Master’s degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 7 years of related experience, or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 5 years of related experience that along with the following: requirements analysis, design, coding, configuration management, integration and testing.
- Strong experience in several of the following areas (Incident Response, Penetration Testing, Cybersecurity Architecture, Cybersecurity Risk Assessment, Cybersecurity
- Auditing, Security Operation Center, Static Analysis and Vulnerability Scanning Tools, TCP/IP networking principles and protocols, LINUX OS, Lightweight Directory
- Access Protocol (LDAP))
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Familiar with NIST Special Publications (SP) 800 series and Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS)
- Experience in programming in the C, C++, or Java programming languages in a UNIX/Linux or real-time (e.g. VxWorks) operating system environment.
- Experience with software engineering tools such as Integrated Development Environments (IDEs), compilers, static analyzers, Magic Draw, UML/SysML, GIT, and JIRA.
- Knowledge of JPL flight project engineering culture
- Knowledge of secure coding practices
- Ability to work on major project assignments without appreciable direction, with accountability for technical performance and schedule
- Experience with modern systems and software development processes, as described in the Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI).
- Risk Assessment Experience in context of JPL Flight and Ground Systems
Qualification & Experience:
- Cybersecurity and Information Assurance Experience and Knowledge
- Experience in systems/software development
- Experience with Python or similar scripting language
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A