Website Xcel Energy
Perform the duties of lineman classification involving overhead and underground electric distribution systems.
- The successful applicant must live within 30 minutes/30 miles of the Brush Service Center.
- The successful candidate must be able to perform safe, proficient, and effective pole-climbing.
- Applicants must be self-motivated, work well with others, have a positive attitude and be committed to working safely and productively.
- The successful candidate must have the physical ability, endurance, and desire to perform potentially strenuous outdoor work, at all times of the day and night, and under various weather conditions.
- The successful applicant will be expected to respond to emergency callouts after normal work hours and on weekends.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Safety Rules and regulations of the Company and must be well acquainted with the hazards involved in electric Distribution field service work.
- Must be familiar with use of rubber gloves, sleeves, line hose, switching procedures, as well as in the use of PPE in accordance with Company and OSHA requirements.
- Must be experienced in operation of Line Construction and Maintenance vehicles including, but not limited to, fork lifts, digger-derricks, platform digger units, wire and rope tensioning units, and other similar equipment.
- Must demonstrate a knowledge and experience in electric Distribution system trouble-shooting.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be willing to live within 30 minutes/30 miles of the Brush Service Center.
- Must have a well-rounded knowledge of distribution primary feeder circuits, transformer loading and connections, and fusing practices.
- Should have experience with electric meter sets and their connections.
- Must have knowledge and experience in the use of hot line tools, protective devices, fuses, lightning arresters, disconnect switches, breakers, grounding sets, transformers and their connections.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Class A CDL driver’s license including a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
- All applicants must have completed a qualified apprenticeship program, and possess a Journeyman Lineman certification.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A