Website John Deere
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work.
- Supporting advancement in engineering systems deployment
- Contributing to Smart-Connected Factory initiatives via technology and analytics projects
- Identifying and procuring manufacturing tooling/equipment upgrades
- Support mistake-proofing initiatives
- Creating working instructions
- 3D printing and CAD projects
- Identifies and implements cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas of limited scope.
- Works with electronic tools to perform engineering functions.
- Provides support and basic trouble shooting for current operations.
- Ideally you will be pursuing a degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline ; others may apply
- Understanding of basic engineering principles and problem-solving skills
- Must be registered as a full-time student at a local accredited university
- Graduation date in 2022 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
- 16-20 hours/week during the academic year
- 35-40 hours/week during the summer semester
Qualification & Experience:
- Basic knowledge and understanding of engineering statics, mechanics of materials, analysis and design of simple structures, engineering graphics, use of software tools such as CAD/Excel/project management tools as related to Manufacturing Engineering
Company: John Deere
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Marketing
Job Location: Moline, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A