View All JB Hunt JobsJB Hunt
Under routine supervision, this position is responsible for performing intermediate level maintenance, service, and repair of J.B. Hunt trailers, containers, chassis and other equipment. Technicians must be able to troubleshoot issues and complete all fleet maintenance processes and ensure that units meet J. B. Hunt specifications at all times. This position has the possibility to work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends in addition to overtime; it requires full-time attendance.
- Demonstrate foundational knowledge of preventative maintenance, replacement of parts/components, and basic repairs as it pertains to trailer maintenance, air brake systems, and FHWA Inspections.
- Understand and effectively follow all shop safety procedures.
- Work independently and seek assistance as needed.
- Maintain professional communication with JB Hunt personnel and customers at all times .
- Accurately perform basic repairs to company and manufacturer’s specifications, complete work orders, and demonstrate proficiency in company requirements for standard repair times (SRT) and warranty guidelines.
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to read documents and/or information in English
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to wear appropriate work attire (protective gear/PPE)
- Basic welding skills (MIG and stick)
- Basic organizational skills
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively
- Basic computer skills and/or comfortable working with a computer
- Basic active listening skills
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements (lift/move appliance up to 50 pounds)
- Basic deductive reasoning skills
- Basic time management skills
- DOT certified in FHWA Inspections & Air Brakes
Qualification & Experience:
- OR equivalent combination of education and experience .
- This position could be filled as a Trailer Technician I, Trailer Technician II, or Sr. Trailer Technician.
- W illingness to work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends if needed.
- 18 years of age with 1 year of experience in Semi-Trailer maintenance and repair and/or training .
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Company: JB Hunt
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Trailer Technician
Job Location: Sumner, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A