Website Duke Energy
As a IT Security Solution Architect, you will collaborate with technology peers and business partners to design, build and deploy the foundation for the next generation of secure, modern cloud native software applications and services in addition to working with the team to develop secure solutions on existing platforms. You will be focused on providing technology solutions that adhere to Enterprise Architecture and Security standards where possible and that align with the business and IT strategies, enabling their customers to meet varied complex project and use case requirements. Digital Transformation is on the forefront of developing cloud-native and advanced solutions in the Utilities industry and you will be working closely with Enterprise and Security Architects to evolve and create new standards where appropriate.
- Consults with system architects, Cyber Security Architects, IT management, product owners and clients to identify and recommend opportunities for better utilization of technologies that could improve business application systems, business area operations, or infrastructure operations.
- Provides Security guidance for solution architecture designs, development projects and enhancement efforts and leads the Security review of proposed project architecture designs to ensure integration, extensibility, maintainability and adherence to standards.
- Participates in appropriate industry groups and with vendors to influence direction, understand product roadmap, and ensure company alignment where possible.
- Approves proposed project plans, customizations, standards and procedures to ensure projects are aligned with standards and IT strategy.
- Analyzes business requirements in order to design secure technical solutions for projects.
- Participates in vulnerability assessment activities
- Works with application administrators, users, IT staff and vendors to manage technical architecture enhancements and issues related to Security.
- Provides oversight and reviews proposed system and project architecture designs to ensure effective integration, extensibility, maintainability and adherence to standards across the assigned information technology portfolio.
- Serves as a contact for information on Security technology standards in addition to design assistance with other Architects
- Guides and provides technical support and training to solution architecture staff and assists in solving more complex security-related problems for which there may be little precedent and that require significant freedom of action and sound judgment with little management oversight.
- Leverages a breadth and depth of experiences and knowledge to develop business cases for advancing, secure technology improvements.
- Represents and communicates solution and system designs to management and EA and Cybersecurity reviews and governance.
- Acts as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for security policy and procedure, security design and implementation, and incident response and mitigation
- Collaborates with product owners, designers, business analysts and other Architects on the development of secure information technology strategy, security and solution architectures
- Anticipates internal and external Security changes which may influence solution architecture designs and facilitates development of action plans for addressing.
- Collaborates with the Operations, System Architecture, and Analytics teams to define and implement security standards for integration and application designs
- Develops and maintains of solution design and/or system architecture for an assigned functional business area, application, project, or product standard.
- Ensures secure, efficient, and economic availability of applications and processing with adequate safeguards for both security and integrity.
- Stays current on the latest security issues and emerging threats
- Leads the Digital Transformation Cybersecurity practice and assists Digital Transformation product teams addressing cybersecurity implementation inquiries and/or challenges.
- Contributes to developing repeatable solution frameworks/ platforms
- Demonstrates the ability to absorb change and continue with positive results.
- Self-motivated and at ease in a constantly changing environment
- Experience with vulnerability and penetration assessment methodologies
- Demonstrate practical approach to delivering secure solutions that optimize resources across business needs, constraints, and technological realities.
- Cloud Platforms: Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Amazon Web Services, Docker
- Experience working with Enterprise and Security Architects to evolve and apply standards and guiding principles to small and large solutions across business areas
- Mobile app development.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Understanding of Cloud Native principles and techniques such as Microservices/BDD; containers/Docker; Agile; 12 factor apps; test driven development; cloud
- Experience with Customer related applications and/or systems in a regulated industry
- Professional certifications (or equivalent) – CCIE, CISSP, SANS GIAC, CISA, CEH,CRISC, etc
- Common frameworks – WebMethods, Informatica, Spring, Hibernate
- Strong leadership, communication, presentation, and influencing skills
- Ability to understand the business requirements and converting them into solution designs
- Four (4) years related work experience
- Knowledge or experience with cloud providers and infrastructure and platform as a service options
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Web Service API’s, web-based systems architecture, cloud-based systems architecture and service oriented architecture (SOA)
- 1+ years of IT Application Solution Architecture experience with a concentration in Cybersecurity
- Certifications from leading vendors like Cisco, Checkpoint, MacAfee, Palo Alto, Symantec, F5 etc would be preferred
- Hands on experience in the some of the following technologies:
- Database technologies – Oracle, MySQL, JDBC, SQL, PL/SQL
- Java/J2EE, including SOAP, REST,.NET and related technologies (JSON, XML, etc)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science
- Ability to work effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to design and implement a project schedule, and able to handle multiple priorities
- MEAN or MERN Development stack.
- Ability to contribute to, influence, or direct a variety of projects concurrently
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science
- In addition to required degree, 4 years related work experience
- In lieu of Bachelors degree(s) AND 4 year(s) related work experience listed above, High School/GED AND 8 year(s) related work experience
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A