Website Jet Propulsion Laboratory
JPL’s IT Financial and Service Analytics Business Office is seeking an IT Financial Manager to provide management direction and expertise for the financial and overall business management activities for this multifunctional office. You will be responsible for the business management of the IT Directorate’s Chargeback Service, Service Center and high priority projects and report to the IT Directorate Business Manager in the Office of the CIO.
- Develop and communicate financial and business operating strategies to the IT Directorate Business Manager based on the organizational goals of the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO).
- Analyze and prepare chargeback model for financial transparency and cost allocations
- Research options pertaining to the development of cost allocations
- Continually evaluate, revise and monitor the business processes throughout the Program.
- Guide management on the financial impact of new IT initiatives.
- Manage and lead the planning, design and implementation of Chargeback initiatives with emphasis on those affecting the fiscal health and performance of the organization.
- Oversee the development of operating budgets to include service center and chargeback budgets.
- Support the development of cost models for new IT services and activities necessary for billing, accounting, invoice reconciliation, and budgeting
- Ensure compliance with applicable contracts, laws, regulations, and GAAP
- Establish financial and overall business management operating policies and procedures for the office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and problem solving skills.
- Wide ranging management experience and advanced knowledge in budgeting, financial analysis, and contract/acquisitions.
- Demonstrated presentation skills at the executive level and to customers.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience with line or program/project organizations.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge of business management/operations with proven experience in financial management and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related discipline with a minimum of 9 years experience or 4 years of management experience.
- Significant experience with IT Chargeback, Showback or other cost distribution model.
- Knowledge of Oracle tools and Data Extractor
- A thorough understanding of JPL Business Management processes and procedures.
- Experience within an Information Technology organization.
Company: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A