Website Dollar General
Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16 distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America’s fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let’s grow together!
- Reviews current or future trends that indicate possible gaps in inbound or outbound functions and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Participates on distribution center management team; develops action plans for conducting internal analyses and gap identification.
- Conducts daily status meetings with management team to review prior day’s performance and to develop action plan for current day.
- Leads development of and communicates Productivity Improvement Plan for each performance indicator or area identified for improvement.
- Conducts observations to identify areas for change; conducts analyses to develop action plans to address operational and employee gaps.
- Leads inbound or outbound team in goals and measurement development and implementation.
- Reviews the strategic goals of the inbound or outbound area and sets performance goals.
- Monitors department budget on a monthly basis; assists in development of budget for inbound or outbound functions.
- Conducts weekly staffing reviews with Operations Manager and Human Resources to determine appropriate staffing levels for inbound or outbound departments.
- Communicates with company carrier regarding store loads and backhauls.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to perform IBM cash register functions to generate reports.
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling and termination practices including legal compliance and internal processes.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices (deposits, store keys, SAFE program, etc.)
- Good organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
Qualification & Experience:
- Five years minimum experience in distribution, logistics and management.
- Experience in warehouse management systems and RTS applications preferred.
- Experience in automated retail distribution center preferred.
- College degree in business.
Company: Dollar General
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Indianola, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A