Website Hy-Vee, Inc.
- Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director; Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Managers of Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home
- Direct Reports: All positions except those listed above or designated by the Store Director
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork. Generates a friendly atmosphere by encouraging employees to greet and speak to customers; providing prompt, courteous, and efficient service to customers and sets a good example.
escorting them to the products they’re looking for
performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Makes an effort to learn customers’ names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- Performs as a leader and role model and maintains positive employee relations.
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
loading or unloading heavy items
securing products that are out of reach
- Plans, prepares, and adjusts work schedules and assigns employees to specific duties and follows up to ensure duties are properly completed in a timely manner.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Possess the ability to interview to obtain basic information; guide people to provide basic direction; follow technical manuals and have increased contact with people.
- High School or equivalent experience. Two years or more of similar or related work experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision.
- Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
Company: Hy-Vee, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Customer Service
Job Location: Lincoln, NE, US
Application Deadline: N/A