View All Hy Vee JobsHy-Vee, Inc.
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Operates cash register accurately and scans product. Ensures cleanliness of store, quality and quantity of product, and tends to supply needs in the store and at the pumps.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Receives and checks in delivered merchandise and places in appropriate storage area.
- Assists with inventory of the department.
- Removes trash inside and out in a timely manner.
- Checks in product, puts product away, and may review invoices.
- Fills displays and stocks shelves.
- Ensures proper maintenance of lot; shovels sidewalk of snow, spreads ice melt on ice, hoses down lot.
- Fills outside towel holders, and replenishes or refreshes window washer fluid.
- Operates cash register accurately and scans product, (where applicable) and reports improper cash levels in cash drawer.
- Places merchandise in bags or boxes and gives packages to customers.
- Redeems promotional coupons, food stamps, receives cash, checks, completes credit-card charge transactions, in-store charges and figures discounts, as well as, counts back change and issues receipts.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
- Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Must have the ability to file, post, and mail materials; copy data from one record to another; interview to obtain basic information; guide people and provide basic direction.
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School or equivalent experience from on-the-job training, and sanitation courses. Over one year of related work experience.
Company: Hy-Vee, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Dubuque, IA, US
Application Deadline: N/A