Website Hy-Vee, Inc.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director, Assistant Store Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations, Assistant Managers, Pharmacy Manager, Staff Pharmacists
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- escorting them to the products they’re looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- Makes an effort to learn customers’ names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
loading or unloading heavy items
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Handles inquiries that do not require a pharmacist’s expertise and judgment.
- Takes orders from or calls doctor’s offices for refill prescriptions.
- Accepts new written prescription orders and telephoned refill requests at the discretion of the supervising pharmacist.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to physically exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Must have the ability to do logical or scientific thinking to solve problems; several abstract and concrete variables.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision.
- Have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving arithmetic, algebraic and geometric calculations.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Working towards a licensed technician certification through a certified national program. Previous experience as a pharmacy clerk is preferred.
- Must be able to compose original correspondence; follow technical manuals; have increased contact with people; interview counsel or advise people; evaluate technical data.
Company: Hy-Vee, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Health Care Provider
Job Location: Iowa City, IA, US
Application Deadline: N/A