View All Hy Vee JobsHy-Vee, Inc.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director; Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Managers of Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Assistant Managers; Bakery Manager
- Sets the department standards for customer service, employee relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and overall profitability.
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
escorting them to the products they’re looking for
- Makes an effort to learn customers’ names and to address them by name whenever possible.
making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork.Generates a friendly atmosphere by encouraging employees to greet and speak to customers; providing prompt, courteous, and efficient service to customers and sets a good example.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision.
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
- Technical skills needed in bakery industry, including ability to decorate cakes.
- Possess the ability to compose original correspondence; interpret written work instructions; interview job applicants; follow technical manuals and have increased contact with people.
- Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 100 pounds of force (shared team lifting) occasionally; exert up to 50 pounds of force frequently; and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Company: Hy-Vee, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Ames, IA, US
Application Deadline: N/A