Website Hy-Vee, Inc.
As an Engineering Manager you will mentor, coach and inspire multiple teams of Digital software engineers. Digital products you’ll be leading development for include our e-commerce stack, loyalty, health & wellness, and marketing products. Help build relationships between engineers, product, QA, and UI/UX. Assist with aligning engineering projects with company goals and objectives. Guide teams in establishing and following pragmatic best practice engineering processes. Improve on agile best practices. Provide technical guidance and support to engineering teams. Establish and maintain positive relationships across the entire IT department along with key business stakeholders. Enable engineering teams to deliver continuous value and growth to Hy-Vee.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
- Assist with prioritizing projects deemed critical across the entire organization by helping manage top priorities across teams competing for resources.
- Employee development including ongoing coaching, mentoring and leading semi-annual performance reviews for digital software engineers.
- Ensure quality and on-time delivery of software solutions.
- Responsible for instructing, assigning work, reviewing work, planning work of others, maintaining standards and coordinating activities.
- Provides technical guidance to engineering teams to deliver on organizational goals and strategies in an efficient manner.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, fast growth environment and can handle multiple projects and tasks on a daily basis.
- Ability to work positively in a cross functional environment with a variety of stakeholders to achieve team objectives.
- High School plus two to three years of additional course work in information technology or equivalent experience. Degree level qualifications in a technical related subject.
- Drives a positive culture of innovation and continuous learning.
- Clear and concise writing, communication and collaboration skills.
- Resourceful, detail-oriented, and highly organized problem solver.
- Exceptional leadership and project management skills.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Hy-Vee mission and willingness to promote the core values and fundamentals of the company.
Company: Hy-Vee, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Des Moines, IA, US
Application Deadline: N/A