The Human Resources Manager will lead the HR functions in the Manhattan market. Reporting to the US HR Director, the HR Area Manager will serve as a strategic business partner to store management, ensuring compliance with policies, providing guidance and counsel relating to employee relations and handling various aspects of HR administration.
- Provides guidance to leadership and non-management personnel in resolving work related problems, ensuring a balance between employee needs and organizational goals
- Focuses on talent assessment and learning programs leading to high growth opportunities for store associates
- Supports the Human Resource Director in ensuring maximum performance execution in exceeding all HR Metrics and creating action plans to positively impact top and bottom line business initiatives
- Partners with Store Management, Area Manager and/or Loss Prevention on Human Resource issues
- Works to ensure compliance with all HR policies and procedures and local, state, and federal requirements.
- Serves as a strategic adviser to our operational management team to understand business needs and proactively identifying gaps in communication or process and procedure.
- Interprets policies and procedures, and provides counsel and guidance to Store Director, Regional Managers, Area Managers, Store Managers and Associates on workplace issues
- Effectively manage and investigate a high volume of employee relation concerns in a thorough and timely manner
- Excellent communication, organizational and management skills required
- Proficiency in full cycle recruiting including experience with applicant tracking systems (Experience with Success Factors/Workday is preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with all aspects of labor and employee relation’s activities and managing dispute resolution issues
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ years of multi-unit HR experience in a complex market (i.e. Flagship, high volume employee relations issues)
- High volume retail environment experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- General knowledge of federal and state employment laws and practices
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greater New York City Area
Application Deadline: N/A