Website Dollar General
Supports distribution center operations through proper staffing, legal compliance, and creating a positive and safe employee work environment. Acts as advisor to DC Manager and/or Operations Manager for all employee-related issues. May also encompass the duties and responsibilities of Training Manager.
- Facilitates a positive work environment through employee programs such as ACT committee, employee recognition programs, and the safety committees, developing creative and cost effective ways to reduce exposure to third party representation.
- Maintains OSHA compliance; coordinates the light-duty program, Accident Review Committee, and return-to-work programs. Partners with Risk Management to enhance productivity of
- Company safety programs. Responsible to develop and maintain positive relations with health care providers at local and state levels.
- Manages departmental budget. Ensures effective expense control by reviewing status of accounts monthly, weekly and daily. Responsible to reduce costs whenever possible.
- Manages hourly/management employee recruiting and hiring processes. Audits departments work product, ensuring compliance of all federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Maintains FMLA and ADA compliance, using available resources (HR Database) to ensure accurate record keeping and administration of programs.
- Hires, supervises and conducts performance reviews for HR staff members.
- Devotes the necessary time to effectively balance time on the DC floor (15% minimum) and office.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access (databases) and payroll/personnel systems such as Lawson and KRONOS.
- Basic understanding of accounting and budgeting, including the ability to conduct budget forecasting and accrual accounting practices.
- Understanding of OSHA requirements and regulations and preventative measures for minimizing accidents.
- Basic understanding of state unemployment processes and guidelines.
- Sound interview and evaluation skills.
- Knowledge of profit and loss analysis to determine staffing levels.
- Ability to act as an advisor/consultant with management team through outstanding communication skills.
- Knowledge of all state and federal employment laws.
- Union defense strategic planning.
Qualification & Experience:
- Three to five years’ experience in benefits, employee relations, or as a human resources generalist.
- Professional certification beneficial.
- Experience as an HR lead.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or Industrial Employee Relations with a focus on employment law, or applicable training in these areas with another degree; equivalent work experience may be substituted for degree.
Company: Dollar General
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A