Website Jet Propulsion Laboratory
In this position, you will be a member of the Protective Services Division Personnel Security Group (PSG) and will report to the PSG Supervisor.
You will be responsible for a variety of duties in support of security procedures and requirements, including processing security clearance paperwork; issuing employee and affiliate badges; processing restricted access authorizations; processing and maintaining confidential and classified materials, facilitating the day-to-day security activities, as well as long-range security requirements planning for specific mission project affiliates and visitors. May work in a secured environment.
- Solid understanding of general job aspects of industry and/or government badge procedures.
- Willingness to perform a variety of different tasks depending on operational needs.
- Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude with excellent customer service skills and teamwork ability.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Detailed oriented and a self-starter and able to recognize, challenge and help resolve inconsistent practices and improve processes and procedures.
- Solid understanding of applicable policies, procedures, and practices in industry and/or government badge procedures (i.e. HSPD-12).
- Thorough understanding of MS Office computer skills including PowerPoint, Word and Excel and applies knowledge and skills in this area.
Qualification & Experience:
- Typically requires a High School diploma with a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Associates degree with a minimum of 1 year of related experience; related required training.
- Experience multitasking day-to-day assignments.
- Experience processing SF85, SF85P, and SF86 government forms to launch personnel background investigations.
- Knowledge of USA, JPL ID, Badge Scheduler, IdMAX, CMS, URC and Lenel applications.
- Working knowledge of Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) and the Defense Security Service.
- Knowledge of FIPS-201-2.
Company: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A