Redfin is redefining real estate in the consumer’s favor by combining our own technology and agents to create a service that’s better, faster, and costs less. As a Redfinnian, you’ll make a difference in one of life’s most important events—buying or selling a home. Our hiring standards are high, yet our culture is humble. We’ve got all the perks, but if what you value most is doing great work in a creative, collaborative, and disciplined environment, join us.
As Head of Investments for RedfinNow you’ll be part of the leadership team driving the overall performance of the RedfinNow business. You’ll lead the investment team, set the investment strategy, efficiently manage our portfolio of homes, and work closely with Redfin’s CFO to support fundraising activities.
To excel in this position, you will possess a sound understanding of all investment policies and guidelines, demonstrate excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and maintain a strong professional work ethic.
- Lead the investment strategy unit within RedfinNow acting as the owner/investor for a large portfolio of single-family homes.
- Develop an efficient and well-organized investment process to underwrite property acquisitions, scope and approve property renovations, and drive sales to maximize annual return on capital, at high volume.
- Working with data scientists, analysts, and machine-learning engineers, develop investment and pricing models based on Redfin’s massive and proprietary datasets.
- Form strong partnerships with the leaders of the acquisition & sale and home services groups to ensure a smooth end-to-end process of acquisition, renovation, and sale.
- Organize regular investment reports and reviews, including quantitative and qualitative portfolio studies.
- Help manage and develop relationships with capital and other strategic partners.
- Perform regular administration duties of all investment vehicles.
- A mission that matters making real estate better and more affordable for everyone
- Amazingly smart and fun teammates to work with and learn from day in and day out
- Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, and restricted stock grants
- Generous benefits, including three weeks of paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and fully paid family leave.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of seven years managing a large-scale, distributed residential real estate investment fund
- Strong experience leading, hiring, and supervising a team of investment professionals.
- Experience underwriting property acquisitions using both as-is and after-repaired values.
- Experience raising capital. Strong understanding of deal structures, capital markets, and risk mitigation practices.
- A degree in finance or a relevant field from an accredited institution. Master preferred.
- Strategic thinker and proficient in decision-making.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Application Deadline: N/A