Website Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Finally, as a JPL employee, after experiencing the comradery and the helpfulness of fellow employees, you can take home with you the fact that you have effectively worked in support of one of the most essential human endeavors of our time: the resolve to explore and discover! The benefits afforded by this endeavor will prove to transcend your own lifetime and help all of humankind thereafter.
Group Supervisor of the Transportation and Fleet Management Group, reporting to the Manager of Logistics and Materiel Section, is responsible for overseeing the Lab’s bus services, fleet management and material pick-up and delivery including the movement of sensitive flight hardware.
- Responsible for continuous process improvement, setting goals and ensuring that they are achieved. Uses best industry practices to ensure success in areas of responsibility.
- Hiring and retaining a diverse, highly qualified staff
- Prepares and updates operational assignments and schedules for all Transportation supported activities i.e. buses schedules, personnel specific assignment’s.
- Knows and applies appropriate tools, processes, and procedures affecting organization of responsibility
- Will administer a transportation/fleet program that satisfies NASA’s requirements and supports the requirements of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
- Manages Group within allocated budgets to ensure funds are properly utilized.
- Providing career coaching, growth and personal development for direct report.
- Ensures employee awareness and compliance with Laboratory policies, procedures, and practices, and regulatory requirement.
- Develops recommendations for future vehicle and equipment requirements.
- Will participate as part of the overall Logistics Team developing strategies and implementation plans in alignment with customer requirements.
- Develops and maintains plans for preventive maintenance of all equipment and vehicles. Primary interface with remote sites where equipment and vehicles are located.
- Accountable for the performance of employees or the work output of managed subcontractors. Maintains a safe working environment and a strong customer focus.
- Responsible for the establishing relevant Laboratory requirements documents and business compliance
- Demonstrated abilities to effectively communicate with management, direct employees, and customers to satisfy their requirements.
- Experience in managing Transportation/Material Management responsibilities in a large or similar organization Demonstrated ability to develop and implement organizational objectives to include the measurements associated with those stated objectives.
- Demonstrated abilities to develop appropriate personnel goals.
- Demonstrated abilities to manage dynamic scheduling activities
- Must have working knowledge of law and regulations associated with the operations of a transportation fleet.
- Demonstrated abilities of leadership in a multi-task environment
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, or related discipline with a minimum of 9 years of related experience; Masters degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 5 years related experience. Minimum of 2 years of lead experience.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel
Qualification & Experience:
- Working knowledge of CFR 49 Transportation
- Working knowledge of CFR Title 41 Public Contracts and Property Management as it applies to vehicles
- Working knowledge of CFR Title 48 Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Current Professional Certifications in field of employment
- Bachelors or higher with 2 years of lead experience in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related fields, 10 years or more in Transportation positions or related fie
Company: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A