Website Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
- Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
- Coordinate and execute policies and procedures and recommend improvements and/or make changes to operating policies and procedures.
- Gain cooperation of other organizations regarding joint tasks, activities, and operations.
- Conduct presentations of technical information concerning specific projects.
- Interact with other managers and functional peers on coordinated strategies and workflow to improve organizational efficiency.
- Interact with and matrix support to the National Security Program Office (NSPO), ensuring compliance with proposed and ongoing business involving Special Programs, and to the NASA Management Office Security function, providing guidance as required.
- Assist management staff with special projects.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Demonstrate a strong customer focus and collaborate well with other partners.
- Available as primary or delegate 24/7 in order to support various CSA requirements.
- Primary management responsibility directly or through lower management levels for the Special Programs Office.
- Manage and authorize budget and expenditures.
- Hire and retain a diverse, highly qualified staff, and provide career mentoring, growth and personal development for direct report JPL employees.
- Monitor day-to-day activities of staff and make decisions/weighted recommendations on, promotions, salary changes, performance appraisals, etc.
- Apply appropriate tools, processes, and procedures affecting the Special Programs Office.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience interpreting and providing classification guidance to program personnel.
- Proven knowledge and significant expertise in Communication Security (COMSEC) across multiple Sponsors.
- Familiarity with Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)/Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) job functions.
- Ability to express facts and ideas in writing or oral presentations in a succinct and organized manner.
- Ability to effectively identify and analyze problems, and to utilize sound judgment to find alternative solutions and to reach logical conclusions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact will all levels of employees and management in both the Laboratory and Sponsor population.
- Successful leadership and team building experience in a multi-disciplinary organization with multiple partners.
- Typically requires a related Bachelor’s degree or higher with 9 years of experience. Minimum of 2 years of lead or Supervisory experience.
- Extensive knowledge of and working experience with Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) and associated regulations with multiple Sponsors, National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), and Defense Security Service (DSS) regulations and requirements.
- Extensive experience at preparing documentation in support of Intelligence Community and DSS regulations.
- Experience and advanced knowledge with the duties of the Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) and Facility Security Officer (FSO) in government and/or industrial security, day-to-day operations of Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs) and closed areas.
Company: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A