Website Gordon Food Service
The Director of Communication & Public Relations leads the development and implementation of comprehensive internal and external communication strategies to support the vision, mission, and brand of Gordon Food Service. Responsible for leading an array of corporate communication activities including positioning, messaging, public and media relations, crisis and issues management and employee communication, including strategy, change and engagement. Requires the ability to leverage a thorough understanding of corporate strategy and exemplify excellence in cross team collaboration to develop and execute communication programs that build and enhance the reputation of Gordon Food Service for all audiences and stakeholders, including employees, customers, suppliers, and community members.
- Translates company external branding components into an internal communication strategy that fosters a clear organizational identity and a compelling purpose to increase team member awareness and engagement.
- Manage relationships with outside PR and crisis communication firms, key industry reporters, and publication/industry contacts.
- Proactively identify and act upon media requests and opportunities.
- Ensure a consistent application of the organization’s brand messages across all communication vehicles.
- Identify opportunities to communicate about the company’s values including its commitment to communities and social responsibility.
- Dynamically works with Digital Experience and Marketing Teams to manage components of the external website; develop and maintain website content relative to corporate positioning.
- Create, manage, coordinate and execute long-term strategic communication plans that promote, enhance and protect the organization’s brand reputation.
- Implement communication campaigns that properly position the company’s culture and value proposition with all key audiences including customers, suppliers, and employees.
- Identify, prepare, and help present executive leader speaker opportunities.
- Practiced knowledge of employee communication, change communication and corporate communication strategy concepts.
- Media training and crisis communication experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively execute integrated communication plans.
- Executive presence and comfort in all interactions with employees, senior-level management and critical external stakeholders.
Qualification & Experience:
- 10+ years of leadership experience in corporate communication, B2B communication or public relations with demonstrated experience with managing comprehensive strategic communication, media relations, and marketing programs that advance an organization’s mission and goals.
- Experience in crisis management, providing leadership and direction to develop fast, effective techniques to mitigate risks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Journalism, Communications, English or related field is required, Masters Degree preferred.
Company: Kalamazoo, MI, US
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Marketing
Job Location: Kalamazoo, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A