Website Gordon Food Service
Our U.S. Marketable Price Lead is responsible for the creation, development and execution of initiatives supporting Cost and Price management. This role collaborates with Home Office Shared Services, Regional Merchandising and Division leadership to drive profitable margin outcomes, working in alignment with Corporate objectives.
- Collaborates on continued improvement of processes, reporting and tools to scale across the organization
- Manages all aspects of Zone Pricing
- Collaborates with Revenue Management teams to execute brand cost strategies
- Collaborates with Category and Revenue Management teams to recommend vendor allowance adjustments, and to provide overall vendor allowance maintenance
- Performs ongoing evaluations for item level Cost for Price
- Reviews and executes various price adjustments
- Reviews, monitors and approves exception listings
- Collaborates with Revenue Management teams to review list cost, freight and agreement changes (Cost Change Notification Process)
- Responsible for executing margin enhancement strategies related to cost changes, holiday/seasonal/event opportunities, purchasing strategies
- Works with other Revenue Management teams to support strategies and decisions related cost/price and profitability
- Proficient analytical skills to analyze and interpret data related to industry trends, margin performance, pricing, freight rates, customer needs, etc.
- Proficient communication skills ‐ both written and verbal ‐ to communicate effectively with a broad‐based team including diverse internal stakeholders and vendors.
- Must have category, industry and segment knowledge and be able to analyze and interpret data.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of category management, sourcing and procurement, cost and pricing, sales and marketing metrics, strategies and tactics.
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Google Apps (Chrome, Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Sites, etc)
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 5 years experience managing margin, price and cost, along with a minimum of 1 year of experience that includes a basic understanding of category management and commodity pricing principles.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
Company: Gordon Food Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A