Website Gordon Food Service
A Business Developer identifies divisional customer targets, develops a process to maintain visibility with and builds relationships with decision makers to foster future business opportunities. Develops future profitable sales, including matching new business opportunities with current service capacity, while maximizing the GFS value proposition.
- Creates steady growth that is aligned with the organization and GFS distribution network planning.
- Communicates and collaborates with internal and external teams.
- Collaborates with key decision-makers and executives of accounts and prospective accounts to onboard and transfer customer relationships to proper sales representatives for ongoing maintenance.
- Responsible for successful customer onboarding and transition to account manager.
- Develops strategic selling approach with targeted potential customers to establish key customer relationships.
- Understands key players, applications, requirements and trends within the foodservice industry.
- Creates sustainable value propositions for potential customers that aligns GFS capabilities with customer value drivers.
- Fully utilizes contact management pipeline software solutions to update team members on status and activities.
- Creates and presents highly professional presentations for potential new customers.
- Utilizes and applies customer profitability model and pricing strategies to negotiate customer contracts to ensure the new customers achieve a balanced segment portfolio.
- Must be able to travel to different locations.
- A valid state driver’s license
Qualification & Experience:
- 4+ years of previous business development experience
- High School Degree Required/Bachelor Degree Preferred
Company: Gordon Food Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A