Website Best Buy
The Global Threat Investigations Senior Analyst will utilize Best Buy’s full ecosystem of data sources, internal and external, to support the success of the Global Threat Investigations (GTI) team in providing fraud prevention, detection, and response services to the Enterprise. The GTI Sr. Analyst will demonstrate leadership skills, serving as a subject matter expert for analysts and contingent workers on the team, as well as ensuring that team service level agreements are met during non-traditional work shifts. This role will provide continuous monitoring and proactively identify, communicate, and respond to risks to the enterprise. The individual in this role will support fraud mitigation efforts through current processes while identifying areas for improvement. The GTI Sr. Analyst will build relationships with other areas across the Enterprise and respond to requests for data from key stakeholders as well as proactively collaborate with other business teams to identify and mitigate risk to Best Buy. The individual in this role will demonstrate a strong understanding of critical business systems and organizational processes.
- Proactively and continuously monitoring of internal and external data sources with the purpose of identifying fraud, waste and abuse.
- Collaboration across the enterprise to identify resources, reporting, and fraud mitigation tools to reduce risk to the enterprise.
- Prioritize activities appropriately according to various factors.
- Data collection, consolidation, and analysis for internal and external fraud investigations and communication of relevant information to leaders involved in decision making and policy direction.
- Initiate investigations based on red flags identified during data analysis and own driving to resolution.
- Respond to requests for ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Track and link case data utilizing available tools and databases.
- Identify support needs and execute solutions related to systems, processes, and tools.
- Independent decision making and response to identified fraud-related issues.
- Identify changes to processes and workflows in the organization that can prevent, detect and/or mitigate fraud and partner with other internal teams to implement these processes and workflows.
- Own end to end development and pursuit of legal action in identified instances of fraud.
- Work with and provide guidance to contingent workers on tasks, SOP’s etc.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in areas of fraud, waste, and abuse.
- 1 or more years of data analysis experience.
- 2 or more years of fraud or investigations experience.
- 1 or more years of retail or business experience.
- Ability to understand trends and spot anomalies within data.
- Ability to provide a concise summary of analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access.
Qualification & Experience:
- 1 or more years of direct or indirect leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience in exception reporting analysis and development.
- Project management experience.
- Financial management experience.
- 1 or more years of experience proficient
Company: Best Buy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richfield, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A