Experts of operations, process and efficiency who enable a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is set, in-stock, accurately priced and signed on the sales floor. The General Merchandise and Food Sales team leads inbound, outbound, replenishment, inventory accuracy, presentation, pricing, and promotional signing processes for all GM areas of the store. This team leads Food & Beverage, and Food Service, providing a fresh and food safe experience. Experts enable efficient delivery to our guests by owning pick, pack, and ship fulfillment work.
- Lead team onboarding and learning.
- Establish clear goals and expectations and hold team members accountable to expectations.
- Lead and coach the team to ensure accuracy and efficiency in all GM processes.
- Close knowledge and skill gaps through training and experiences.
- Work a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs (this includes early morning, evening, overnight shifts and weekends).
- Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance. Lead and hold the team accountable to work in the same way.
- If applicable, as a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes.
- Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.).
- All other duties based on business needs.
- Understand sales goals, plan and execute daily/weekly workload to deliver on department and store sales goals and guest engagement. Including: merchandising, pricing, transitions, revisions, sales plans, sampling, promotions and price change.
- Enable a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is in stock, available, accurately priced and signed on the sales floor.
- Enable efficient delivery to our guests by leading pick, pack and ship fulfillment work. (if applicable)
- Assess General Merch backroom, sales floor areas and fulfillment reporting to identify gaps and develop a plan to resolve.
- Be an expert of operations, accuracy, process and efficiency.
- Oversee execution of processes in inbound, outbound, replenishment, inventory accuracy, presentation, pricing and promotional signing processes for select GM areas of the store.
- Create a scheduling plan in partnership with your leader based off of monthly and weekly business workload and guest traffic.
- Expect and enable team members to stay up-to-date on relevant trends and products.
- Evaluate and recommend candidates for open positions and develop a guest-centric team.
- Leading teams who are stocking, setting and selling Target products sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do
- You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (yes, even on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
- Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
Qualification & Experience:
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
- Welcoming and helpful attitude
- Effective communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Previous retail experience preferred, but not required
- Lead and hold others accountable
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cupertino, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A