Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
- This role is located at our headquarters in Juno Beach, FL and will report directly to the Manager of Accounting Policy and Research.
- He or She will serve all NextEra Energy, Inc. entities (including Florida Power & Light company and NextEra Energy Resources) as a technical accounting advisor to ensure that the companies are appropriately and consistently interpreting and applying relevant accounting literature to current and proposed transactions.
- Works with management to consider the accounting implications of alternative deal structures and supports business units with technical accounting on significant, unusual transactions.
- Review and approve or address issues and policy changes. Keeps senior management informed about potential changes in accounting rules being proposed by accounting standard setters, including the potential impact to the Companies’ financial statements. Oversees and leads implementation of new accounting standards.
- Works with management to consider the accounting implications of alternative deal structures
- Keeps senior management informed about potential changes in accounting rules being proposed by accounting standard setters, including the potential impact to the Companies’ financial statements
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Communication skills (written and oral)
- Leadership and project management skills
- Extensive and current knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of accounting rules in derivatives, consolidations, business combinations, financial instruments and debt and equity financings
- Analysis and problem solving skills
- Commercial skills
- Work independently with little to no supervision
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point proficiency
Qualification & Experience:
- 6+ years public accounting experience or combination of public accounting and industry experience in areas of accounting research and/or financial reporting
- Leadership experience
- Knowledge of energy industry
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Education
Job Location: Augusta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A