The Food & Beverage team enables a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is fresh, in stock, available and accurately priced and signed on the sales floor. They are experts of operations, process and efficiency. This team leads food and food services including replenishment, inventory accuracy, food safety, presentation, pricing and promotional signing processes for all Food and Beverage areas of the store.
- Understand sales goals, plan and execute daily/weekly workload to deliver on department and store sales goals and guest engagement. Including planning food service transitions, revisions, sales plans, sampling, promotions and price change workload.
- Work a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs (this includes early morning, evening, overnight shifts and weekends).
- Model guest service standards; delivering a fresh and full area during all opening hours, developing experts who share product knowledge with the guest.
- Assess Food Service back of house, production areas, dining spaces, and merchandising spaces to ensure food safety and proper inventory levels.
- Walk Food & Beverage Standards and Food Service Routines daily to assess priorities and review reporting to identify business gaps for follow-up.
- Validate and follow-up on experts’ progress against department checklists and routines.
- Lead your team to uphold and maintain all Starbucks and Pizza Hut Brand Standards and production specifications (where applicable).
- Foster a productive relationship with your Starbucks DM (if applicable), attend required in-store planning and business meetings and follow-up on key takeaways from their time in your store.
- Ensure proper execution on all food safety standards and cleaning routines.
- Ensure accurate in-stocks by placing store-initiated orders according to best practices.
- Follow proper perishable inventory management procedures to ensure an accurate recording of inventory.
- Make production quantity decisions just in time to ensure freshness, in-stocks, sales and profitability are achieved all day, every day.
- Expect and enable experts to stay up-to-date on relevant trends and products.
- Evaluate and recommend candidates for open positions and develop a guest-centric team.
- Lead team onboarding and learning.
- Establish clear goals and expectations and hold team members accountable to expectations.
- Close knowledge and skill gaps through training and experiences.
- Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest.
- Always demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance. Lead team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment.
- If applicable, as a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes.
- Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.).
- All other duties based on business needs.
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building a guest first culture on your team
- Knowledge of Food and Beverage business fundamentals: department sales trends, freshness and quality, inventory management, guest shopping patterns, pricing and promotions strategies
- Skills in planning department(s) daily/weekly workload to support business priorities and deliver sales goals
- Experience leading a team of hourly team members; including skills in interviewing, developing, coaching, evaluating and retaining talent
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Previous retail experience preferred, but not required
- Strong interest and knowledge of the food service business
- Lead and hold others accountable
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
- Welcoming and helpful attitude
- Effective communication skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wichita, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A