Website US Foods
The Food Fanatics Chef partners with area leadership, sales and support teams to build value and grow customer relationships and affects profitable sales growth. They achieve this by serving as consultants and culinary experts to drive customer business success; lead product and sales training as appropriate, drive engagement and participation in strategic growth initiatives and share the knowledge gained through the Food Fanatics program, events and team of chefs to benefit the area.
- Drive key customer business success by consulting with the customer on all aspects of restaurant operations by using on-site visits, customer data analysis and established industry standards. Use culinary and operations expertise to provide recommendations for improvement.
- Develop kitchen/operations assessment for customers; utilize other members of the Sales Support Team to build action plans to address short and long-term opportunities from the front of the house and back of the house. Deliver conclusions that assist the customer in achieving business goals.
- Increase and maintain sales growth for the division in the top IR customers as determined by division sales leadership, through customer interaction in the form of onsite operations assessments and consultation, and customized culinary presentations in the division test kitchen.
- Support the Food Fanatics program by participating in FF Live events, national culinary events and Sponsor the Movement initiative. Collaborate with Food Fanatics Chef across the enterprise by sharing best practices and identifying regional trends that can be brought to bear in their local market.
- Utilize social media and live and print media to increase the recognition and reach of the Food Fanatics Brand; Develop strategies to better utilize social media tools to drive business success for the customer as well as enhance US Foods presence in the local market.
- Lead the culinary vision and collaborate in planning and execution at sales meetings and other division events with a focus on creating a food driven culture. Create complex and dynamic presentations and/or activities that bring this culture to life within the division.
- Other duties assigned by manager.
Qualification & Experience:
- Lead all culinary training at the division in support of selected Strategic Growth Initiatives; Facilitate district and general sales meeting breakouts when culinary expertise is vital to maximizing the impact to the sales team success.
- Conduct recipe research and development utilizing MPP and other tools to promote division targeted products, particularly focusing on Exclusive Brands; work in conjunction with the Region Product Sales Trainers to provide culinary input and advice; assess and evaluate new products and develop materials to increase TM and customer awareness of such products.
- Collaborate with product and category specialists in developing sales and training materials and identifying culinary trends that will grow and support a Food Culture at the division.
Company: US Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Norwich, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A