The Food & Beverage team enables a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is fresh, in stock, available and accurately priced and signed on the sales floor. They are experts of operations, process and efficiency. This team leads food and food services including replenishment, inventory accuracy, food safety, presentation, pricing and promotional signing processes for all Food and Beverage areas of the store.
- Understand sales goals, plan and execute daily/weekly workload to deliver on department and store sales goals and guest engagement. Including: merchandising, pricing, transitions, revisions, sales plans, sampling, and promotions.
- Execute a fresh, full and food safe area during all operating hours leveraging strong inventory management and area routines.
- Assess Food & Beverage and Food Service (where applicable) backroom and sales floor areas; walk Food & Beverage Standards to identify priorities and develop business plans and assignment sheets; review reporting to identify business trends for follow up.
- Validate and follow up on experts’ progress against daily assignment sheets and department checklists (Target Café and Starbucks).
- Work a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs (this includes early morning, evening, overnight shifts and weekends).
- Partner with vendors to ensure service agreements are being met and areas are full and maintained.
- Lead your team to uphold and maintain all Starbucks and Pizza Hut Brand Standards and foster a productive relationship with your Starbucks DM, following up on key takeaways from their time in your store (where applicable).
- Expect and enable team members to stay up-to-date on relevant trends and products.
- Evaluate and recommend candidates for open positions and develop a guest-centric team.
- Lead team onboarding and learning.
- Establish clear goals and expectations and hold team members accountable to expectations.
- Close knowledge and skill gaps through training and experiences.
- Become a subject matter expert in federal, state and local adult beverage laws as they apply to your business and protect your store’s liquor license (if applicable).
- If applicable, as a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes.
- Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance. Lead team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment.
- Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.).
- All other duties based on business needs.
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building a guest first culture on your team
- Knowledge of Food and Beverage business fundamentals: department sales trends, freshness and quality, inventory management, guest shopping patterns, pricing and promotions strategies
- Skills in planning department(s) daily/weekly workload to support food & beverage priorities and deliver sales goals
- Experience leading a team of hourly team members; including skills in interviewing, developing, coaching, evaluating and retaining talent
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Previous retail and/or food experience preferred, but not required
- Strong interest and knowledge of the food & beverage business
- Lead and hold others accountable
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
- Welcoming and helpful attitude
- Effective communication skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rochester, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A