Manages the General Merchandise department at a large store including managing employee activities to meet the financial and marketing objectives of the company. Coordinates sales promotions with the Home Office and manages execution in the store. This position also assists customers and suggests selection of products based on knowledge of current products, familiarity of offerings and customer interactions.
- Executes Home Office initiated markups and markdowns, analyzes financial reports, processes purchase orders, and approves invoices.
- Supervises the Home Office regulated processes related to Return-to-Vendor (RTV) receiving and scanning.
- Builds key partnerships with other store staff and campus organizations for promotional opportunities and special events and assist with off-site sales opportunities (e.g., graduation, basketball, football, author signings, etc.).
- Manages the in-store merchandise display from stockroom to sales floor, serving as liaison between the Store and the Planner.
- Manages the special order functions and notifies customers.
- Conducts store walkthroughs on a daily basis to ensure proper stock levels, inventory placement and customer service levels.
- Supervises the employees of the department including assigning and evaluating work as well as interviewing, hiring and training new employees.
- Creates and maintains displays in compliance with company standards.
- Assists customers in finding products.
- Partners to create and maintain a Hassle Free customer service culture, focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Previous supervisory/management experience required.
- General Computer Skills
Qualification & Experience:
- 3-5 years retail supervisory experience; computer literacy.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Louisville, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A