The Field Communication Manager protects the overall Customer First Culture in the stores by acting as the “gatekeeper” of all communication and tasks to from home office to field teams. This includes ensuring expectations around communication and response times are consistently achieved, store direction is accurate, timely and supports excellence in execution with the customer top of mind.
- Work with business partners (ie. visual, operations) to produce, edit and approve all communication for US/Canadian stores and field leaders. Identify when additional information is needed and follow up with business partners to ensure clarity in all field direction and communication. Ensure information is accurate, timely and crafted with a customer first lens.
- Determine when it is necessary to create and deploy emergency or urgent communication to field organization based on input from team and business partners. Minimize this activity when possible.
- Set and ensure communication strategy and guidelines are executed for all field and customer impacting activities (Region, District and Store levels informed at the appropriate times)
- Create, maintain, and ensure the effectiveness of the Field Road Map. This includes continuously ensuring processes are followed regarding New Projects/Processes, Day to Day Business
- Communication, and 911 or Business Critical Information.
- Manage the communication loop by creating follow-up plans so that home office and field are clear on business impacting decisions and needs.
- Represent the field experience team and be the voice of the field on cross functional teams to ensure successful execution and communication of all store activities (ie, in-store events, product/promo tests, weekly promo, signing and visual direction, and operational procedure updates, recalls, MOOS etc.)
- Desire to keep up to date with new digital developments and make recommendations to support store resources and communication.
- Ability to work on a variety of teams, and manage complex projects and timelines.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to seek creative solutions.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel, and other digital software, as required.
- Possesses technical, problem solving and business skills to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Enjoys working in a team environment and contributing to the team’s ideas.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including the ability to advocate and challenge effectively.
- Ability to work with HTML and WordPress.
- Proven leadership abilities with experience leading and managing projects or processes.
- Proven ability to collaborate, listen, lead and influence others and act as a strong advocate for the customer and the business.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in, and strong understanding of a retail environment.
- Previous project management, retail, and operational experience required.
- Bachelors degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- 3-5+ years of relevant work or educational experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Duluth, Minnesota
Application Deadline: N/A