Website Federal Bureau of Investigation
The FBI is looking for dedicated technologists to help us face some of the nation’s toughest challenges. We provide end-to-end technical services for applications and data that enable FBI Operational Cybersecurity Analysts to assist Special Agents and Intelligence Analysts around the world in protecting developing technologies that allow us to carry out our mission. Our goal is simple: stay ahead of the threat by safeguarding the pipelines of software and data. If you’re ready to look further and climb higher in your career, this role is for you.
- In this role, you will be responsible for conducting computer network defense — working 24/7 shifts 365 days a year — to monitor, triage and provide short-term analysis of real-time data feeds (such as system logs and alerts) for potential intrusions of the FBI’s enterprise networks and systems.
- You will monitor these networks for both internal and external threats through the collection, aggregation, triage and analysis of security-relevant systems, network security appliances, host-based endpoint monitoring solutions and security tool logs. In addition, you will:
- Characterize and analyze network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources.
- Perform event correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources within the enterprise to gain situational awareness and determine the effectiveness of an observed attack.
- Escalate unresolved computer security incidents for incident handling in accordance with internal procedures.
- Stay up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks and countermeasures.
- Summarize events and incidents effectively for consumption by a government team lead.
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Must be in compliance with the FBI Employment Drug Policy.
- Experience with network traffic analysis tools.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructures for the enterprise, such as Amazon Web Services, G Suite, Office 365 and Azure.
- In addition, relevant security certification/s related to cybersecurity event analysis are highly preferred.
- Must have three years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Understanding of network technologies and protocols such as TCP/IP, IDS/IPS, firewalls, LAN/WAN, routing and switching.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with most common operating systems (Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android) and their file systems (ext3/4, HFS+, APFS, NTFS, exFAT, etc.).
- Experience with email compromises and ransomware incidents.
- Experience working with SIEM technologies.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or higher from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Birmingham, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A