Website Federal Bureau of Investigation
FBI Special Agents apply their professional expertise and unique skill sets to their work every day. Many come from professional backgrounds, including finance and accounting, which helps ensure accountability, identify criminal activity, uncover hidden assets and connect the dots to trace transactions to their source. Your diversified financial skills can significantly contribute to all areas of crime solving, from counterintelligence and cybersecurity to organized crime and terrorism.
- Pass a Physical Fitness Test (PFT); must be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at Quantico.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI’s 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Possess a valid driver’s license with at least six months driving experience.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or higher (preferably in Accounting or a related field, such as Business Administration, Finance or Forensic Accounting).
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Finance
Job Location: El Paso, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A