- We advise through the full lifecycle of core infrastructure projects and public-private partnerships across Canada and globally. We advise across asset classes including transportation (e.g., transit, highways, airports), healthcare, environmental (e.g., waste), energy, mining, social infrastructure, schools, and municipal facilities. You will be joining a team advising at the forefront of some of the largest and highest profile Canadian and local projects including the Metrolinx Regional Express Rail (ON), Trillium Health Partners (ON), City of Edmonton’s LRT Network Extension Projects (AB), VIA High Frequency Rail (ON/QC), Regina Bypass (SK), Eglinton Crosstown LRT (ON), Hurontario LRT (ON), Ontario Line Subway (ON), Highway 401 Twinning (NS), Montreal Concert Hall (QC), BC Children’s and Women’s Hospital (BC) and St. Paul’s Redevelopment (BC).
- Our practice is trusted by public sector ministries and agencies, as well as by private sector bidders, for its expertise in financing, structuring, modeling and management of procurement processes, as well as for advising through the full infrastructure lifecycle. We are regularly named by our industry peers as Financial Advisor of the Year in Canada and the Americas.
- As a Financial Modelling Manager or Associate, you will have the opportunity to work within our Infrastructure Advisory specialty practice.
- You will have an integral role that involves working closely with other members of the rapidly growing national Infrastructure Advisory team to execute a variety of engagements related to the planning, development, delivery and operations of major infrastructure projects.
- Seeking a dynamic role with a mix of technical, commercial, financial and soft skills
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and collaborative with a strong work ethic
- Highly motivated and energized by participating in projects involving development of critical national infrastructure assets that have a tangible and lasting impact on society
- Organized with strong self and team management skills, and able to simultaneously manage and execute on multiple assignments
- Interested and capable of growing in terms of sales and business development, contributing to executing EY’s “go-to-market” client development strategy
- Able to research, interpret and opine on accounting, tax and financial market information to be used in financial modelling, competitive analysis, industry analysis, scenario analysis and negotiation support, and various other applications
- Able to prepare quality drafts of reports and presentations for client submissions and meetings
Qualification & Experience:
- Working knowledge of accounting concepts and principles (CPA not required)
- Working knowledge of Canadian debt financing and capital markets and/or project financing markets, including reflection of these in a financial modelling and commercial document context
- Working knowledge of Canadian infrastructure capital projects procurement models. Experience with alternative financing (P3) and / or Integrated Project Delivery procurement models is considered an asset.
- Undergraduate degree (business, commerce, economics or engineering); MBA/Master’s degree/CFA/CBV an asset
- 4+ years of relevant work experience related to development and implementation of major capital projects, including development of project options and business cases, commercial advisory, consideration of alternative procurement models, financial analysis and modeling, consideration of economic costs and benefits, contract management, asset management.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates who have gained such experience from eitherAdvanced complex financial modelling experience with major capital projects, with the capacity to develop such models independently with minimal guidance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Ottawa, Southern Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A