- As a member of our GPS team you’ll join a talented group of professionals, serving in key roles advising US Federal Agencies addressing issues in risk/cybersecurity, performance improvement, program effectiveness, audit and audit readiness, financial management, and IT advisory. The EY GPS practice focuses across disciplines with Defense and National Security, Civilian, Health, and International agencies.
- Our broad portfolio of services is aimed at driving relevant, tangible results. We believe integration fosters innovation. Unprecedented challenges require support that is connected, responsive, and insightful. Are you ready to join our team and help build a better working world?
- Collaborate with design engineers to evaluate end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their life cycle
- Supervise staff by providing mentorship and coaching to grow their technical and consulting skills
- Routine line management and leadership of staff within the cybersecurity management function
- Improve EY’s business processes and incident response methodologies
- Work with prospective clients to identify opportunities, scope engagements and build relationships
- Lead the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of the cybersecurity Management System based on the ISO/IEC 27000 series standards, including certification against ISO/IEC 27001, where applicable
- Develop and review reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences
- Leadership and strategic direction for the function, ranging from planning and budgeting to motivational and promotional activities expounding the value of cybersecurity
- Ensure products comply with requirements and government information and cyber standards
- Lead and coordinate large-scale cybersecurity engagements
- Provide both subject-matter expertise and project management experience to serve as the “point person” for engagement teams
- Knowledge of and experience working with federal clients, including some or all of the following branches of the military, defense agencies, intelligence community, civil agencies, federal health agencies or federal international agencies
- Knowledge of the current security environment and industry trends to identify engagement and client service issues; communicate this information to the engagement team and client management through written correspondence and verbal presentations
- Knowledge of the Cybersecurity Protect/Detect/Respond life cycle for IT environments and for critical infrastructure protection, including some of the following areas cyber governance, policy and strategy services; cyber regulations, privacy and compliance services; data protection services; architecture and design services; vulnerability assessment; Red Team services/penetration testing; active defense (hunting); cyber analytics; digital technologies (Internet of Things, cCoud, mobility, robotic process automation); threat exposure monitoring services; threat detection; identity and access management services; insider threat; advanced malware detection services; war gaming; and incident response
- Lead pursuits and sales processes; provide support for selling engagements and expanding current engagements; generate new business opportunities and foster relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels
- Foster relationships with client personnel to analyze, evaluate and enhance information systems to develop and improve security at procedural and governance levels
- Work closely with executives to co-lead and motivate teams, and provide leadership in client engagements
Qualification & Experience:
- CISSP, GSLC, CEH, CISM, CISA, CIPT, CIPM, CRISC or other relevant certification desired; non-certified hires are required to become certified within 1 year from the date of hire.
- Experience developing new business and meeting desired revenue targets
- Knowledge of cybersecurity frameworks / standards like RMF, ISO/IEC 270012013, PCI DSS, NIST CSF, NIST 800-53 and cybersecurity laws and regulations such as HIPAA, FISMA and GLBA.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field and 10+ years of related work experience
- Supervisory experience and demonstrated leadership capabilities required
- Expertise performing engineering analysis and issue resolutions; Analyzing and developing CONOPs, system architectures and requirements
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Legal
Job Location: McLean, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A