Ernst & Young LLP’s (EY) US Government and Public Sector (GPS) practice is a robust and emerging practice with tremendous potential for growth – and we are prepared to tap into that potential. Our US GPS practice combines an understanding of the public sector’s diverse needs, focused on delivering improved public services, with private sector leading practices. We respond to our client’s issues by bringing together highly skilled professionals across Advisory, Assurance, Tax and Transaction Advisory services. This integrated approach facilitates multidimensional support and flexibility to meet our clients changing needs.
We’ll look to you to interact directly with the customer, stakeholders, and subject matter resources to coordinate, validate and socialize in one or more areas of technology transformation. Your responsibilities will also include to manage, assess and implement changes to the related deliverables. You can expect to help our clients with technology-enabled transformation to achieve their business objectives. In return, you can expect to learn leading practices in technology transformation and delivery and be exposed to a wide variety of business issues solved using technology. We’re also looking for you to act as a role model for EY’s core values and maintain and expand client relationships through the delivery of high quality work.
- Strong leadership skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships
- Ability to create innovative insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership
- Anticipate and identify risks, and escalate any issues as appropriate
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff; help create a positive learning culture
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
Qualification & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering (civil, electrical, electronic, chemical, industrial, mechanical, aeronautical, or computer science) and approximately 5-10 years of related work experience
- Experience in two or more of the technology transformation areas i.e. IT Strategy, Enterprise Architecture (EA), system implementation support services, infrastructure strategy and planning, IT Service Management, and Technology Business Management.
- Experience executing project plans on large, complex engagements from analysis through implementation, preferably as a workstream lead supervising junior staff
- Ability to work closely with account teams and/or clients to understand functional requirements and translate those requirements into key features and capabilities that must be supported by a technology solution.
- Awareness and understanding of key technology solutions, and the ability to evaluate and recommend solutions to meet business requirements.
- Ability to research leading technology products in the marketplace to identify new technologies to meet business requirements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A