Website Express Scripts
- Primarily responsible for Cigna Behavioral Health accounting, monthly, quarterly, and annual production activities.
- Accountable for delivery and continuously enhancing performance of Behavioral general accounting and reporting activities which include; closing activities (journal entries, allocations, ledger analysis, etc.)
- Train and develop off-shore Accounting Staff and ensure that service level agreements are met.
- Support Commercial Healthcare Accounting, including GAAP, STAT and management reporting and analysis, and general accounting functions within the commercial healthcare segment.
- Contribute to the Accounting Shared Services Organization success by actively participating in and assuming new responsibilities across multiple functional areas.
- Actively partner with Global Health Care reporting team, finance, compliance and other business partners (tax, capital planning, etc.) to analyze and understand accounting implications of enterprise projects or new business initiatives.
- Maintain a well-designed and effective internal control environment. Perform quarterly and year end Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Model Audit Rule (MAR) compliance responsibilities
- Provide Accounting subject matter expertise and support as needed to support Accounting and Finance Organization initiatives.
- Deliver process improvements that drive enhanced operational efficiency that eliminate complex manual processes.
- Ensuring 100% compliance with Cigna’s balance sheet reconciliation policy for all balance sheet accounts. Supervise the performance of such reconciliations, and certify to their accuracy.
- Prepare quarterly Board of Directors’ reporting exhibits and annual solvency request exhibits
- Understand business fundamentals and prepare quarterly and annual close analysis and commentary for senior leadership in a fast paced changing environment
- Responsible for the delivery, engagement and optimal utilization of offshore teams.
- Preparation of monthly management results in accordance with GAAP & SAP within strict reporting deadlines
- Review of manual processes to propose and implement changes to make them more efficient and reduce risk
- Support annual external audits
Qualification & Experience:
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. Overtime required, particularly during the quarter end and year end closing process.
- Cultivates strong relationships with operational matrix partners. Can clearly communicate accounting information/requirements in a format easy to absorb by non-accountants.
- Degree in Accounting is required, CPA or MBA a plus.
- Proficient in supervising staff of diverse experience levels, and customize supervisory style to optimize employee productivity and morale.
- Minimum of five years professional experience and prior supervisory experience preferred. Prior general ledger accounting and financial reporting experience also required.
- Possesses strong analytical skills to effectively and efficiently interpret and evaluate financial results.
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of current GAAP, Statutory Accounting Principles, Sarbanes-Oxley and Model Audit Rule requirements.
- Insurance industry experience is desired.
- Experienced in the design and evaluation of internal controls over financial reporting.
Company: Express Scripts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A