This position involves assisting with coordinating and developing stakeholder outreach strategies on company-wide initiatives. May also involve developing and managing strategies that: (1) educate and influence external stakeholders’ views and perspectives on Workforce Development (2) help maintain and enhance relationships between both internal and external stakeholders including suppliers, vendors and workforce boards; (3) influence residents, community groups and opinion leaders in municipalities on Exelon initiatives; (4) interface and coordinate with other internal organizations to socialize External Stakeholder strategies, incorporate their input, solve problems, and efficiently allocate cross-functional resources and (5) track and obtain feedback from External stakeholders. This includes, but is not limited to, municipal officials, county officials, and residents, opinion leaders and groups (community, business, economic development) within Exelon’s service territory.
- Coordinate and report on process/project/initiative assignments. Develop performance indicators and tracking mechanisms to monitor and report results. Prepare, review, and analyze reports, controls, and other financial & operational information for specific projects and initiatives.
- Perform and participate in analyses of stakeholder related issues affecting the company.
- Coordinate the implementation, and evaluation of projects, programs, and/or business initiatives involving the management of stakeholder outreach strategies related to key initiatives. Build alliances with community groups, municipalities and external stakeholders to further critical initiatives. Develop a strong understanding of the company’s overall visions, goals and initiatives.
- Develop change management activities for projects, programs, and initiatives Coordinate with stakeholders on the development of business cases and prioritization of deliverables. Provide benchmarking analysis. Prepare status reports to leadership.
- Serve as point-of-contact for Exelon Workforce Development Initiatives in the assigned regions to develop and integrate planning and strategies; and direct teams and efficiently allocate cross-functional resources.
- Attend key stakeholder meetings and report relevant information to the areas of the company affected by the discussion. Monitor all relevant filings and other documents. Track and obtain feedback from external stakeholder outreach.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or related field with a minimum of 5 – 8 years related business experience
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to create value with strong problem solving, analytical/financial, negotiation, and conflict management skills and a willingness to accept increased responsibilities.
- Analytical skills for project evaluation including analysis of complex projects with economic, financial, risk and decision analysis. Proficient in business case development and ability to effectively present business cases to business unit leadership.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, establish trust, meet critical deadlines, communicate effectively, and accept accountability of multiple tasks.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the electric utility industry and current issues relevant to it.
- Strong project management skills and comprehensive understanding of applicable standards, methods, processes and practices, business fundamentals, and performance metrics.
- Advanced proficiency in standard software applications (e.g., Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, & PowerPoint), and relevant specialized business applications.
- May require overnight travel.
- Relationship building experience with external community partners, government agencies, and company vendors
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of project management. Ability to analyze complex business processes and systems, interpret and recommend alternative courses of action, and implement intervention strategies to attain performance targets.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dover, DE, US
Application Deadline: N/A