Website Sherwin Williams
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Position Responsibilities This position is accountable for supporting and maintaining the safety & health programs and control measures for the site, as well as coordinating these efforts with various environmental compliance programs, in order to protect all personnel and physical assets.
- Participate in appropriate on the job Safety activities for professional development.
- Promote safe actions among all business associates within the Organization by maintaining a strong shop-floor presence.
- Coordinate and support the Central Safety Committee and associated ad hoc teams.
- Maintain OHSA VPP and ISO 9000 accreditation.
- Maintain incident management systems and processes.
- Maintain site management of change procedures and documentation.
- Manage site safety Observation and hazard tracking Systems.
- Lead integrated risk/loss controls into daily operations with the Organization.
- Record & analyze accident and incident records and make recommendations regarding corrective actions, emphasizing pro-active intervention.
- Identify, evaluate, and develop appropriate solutions to control or eliminate risk exposures.
- Identify, interpret, and implement federal, state, and local safety, health, and environmental regulations and/or standards that pertain to the organization’s operations.
- Coordinate location safety, occupational health and fire protection improvement projects as directed by EHS Manager.
- Conduct and document employees training in all EH&S programs required by the site.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations or VPP programs is preferred
- Basic knowledge of industrial lift operations, respirators, and other major safety standards is preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point or Access) is preferred
- Majors in Environmental, Health & Safety or related field preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of safety concepts, foundations, principles, and techniques of risk control, as applied to an occupational setting
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong presentation skills
- Safety experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment is preferred
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or at least 4 years of work experience
- 1 year of previous safety experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have the legal right to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status
Company: Sherwin Williams
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Marengo, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A