Website BNSF Railway
The Management Trainee (MT) Program is specifically designed to develop leaders that will drive the future of our organization. This program begins with a two week orientation at our corporate headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas. During this time, MTs receive a company overview, interact with company leaders, and develop skills for a successful career. Additional training will vary by department. With hard work, the desire to learn, and the ability to develop relationships, career opportunities are endless.
The Operations Management Trainee position is a leadership role at BNSF Railway. These individuals lead a diverse workgroup to safely and efficiently accomplish work assignments and goals that are in line with the company’s vision.
Relocation assistance may be provided to those who are moving more than 50 driving miles from their permanent residence.
- Telecom designs, builds, and maintains BNSF’s network across the deserts, plains, and mountains in all weather conditions to ensure BNSF’s customers and employees experience nearly flawless performance of the voice and data infrastructure network.
- The team supports over 43,000 network devices deployed in 2700 locations across the BNSF service area. They also support over 120 dispatchers and two way radio service on over 32,500 route miles connecting locomotives, high rail vehicles, on track work equipment, and hand held portable radios.
- Management Trainees have an opportunity to proactively contribute to focusing on helping insure high network availability and on time train performance by learning areas of support, planning, engineering and implementation across our network system.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
- Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations.
- Demonstrate ability to complete tasks regardless of obstacles.
Qualification & Experience:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages and tools such as Java, C/C++, .Net(C#), ABAP, HTML5 and/or COBOL.
- Experience in Cellular or Telecommunications related environment.
- Proven leadership experience and excellent oral and written communication.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Machine Learning, Computer, Network or Software Engineering, Management/Business Information Systems, Electrical Engineering OR any other Technical/Engineering related degree.
- Ability in any of the following is preferred: applications development, project management, mobile device development methodologies, database design, modeling, mining, data management, data warehouse concepts, network planning and engineering and voice/video systems.
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A