- Installs, repairs and performs preventative maintenance on mobile equipment, PCs, 1-to-1 communication systems, servers, registers and location-specific peripheral equipment.
- Performs installations, upgrades and may perform backups of software and hardware applications.
- Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when they relate to mobile equipment, PCs, 1-to-1 communication systems, servers, registers and location-specific peripheral equipment. May assist Network Administrator with troubleshooting of networks.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
- Receives none to minimal instructions on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Manages inventory independently and establishes min-max levels; submits requisitions to procurement to order spare parts.
- Coaches less experienced co-workers and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance.
- Provides customer support with advanced diagnostic and collaborating to problem solve; Documents all pertinent problem-related information through to final resolution.
- Support other teams by assuring hardware requests follow company standards and support current software and security requirements.
- Security screening required for Callaway Energy Center access
- Thorough knowledge of PC operating systems, servers, registers and peripheral equipment and 1-to-1 communication systems
- Ability to recognize trends to acknowledge and raise issues.
- Technical certification required.
- Proficiency with systems such as ORACLE, TRIS, DOJM, EMPRV, GCAM/MAXIMO, CDIS, EADMS, ROD, ArcGIS, Clearion preferred.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in desktop support, customer service or relevant work
- Will consider candidates without a degree if they show/demonstrate having additional 2+ years of equivalent, relevant experience in tools, systems and initiatives leveraged by Ameren.
- Associate degree required, preferably in computer science or related field.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fulton, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A